View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Entrepreneurship vs Education

[ QUOTE ]
Lets say, you "finished" your degree or whatever, only for the sake of ridding your life of such talk, would not that increase overall utility?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, my answer to that is I just ignore all the talk from employees. They don't understand and will never understand. I won't waste 3 years of my life to "appease" them and shut them up. The simple solution is to simply ignore.

[ QUOTE ]
For example with the law degree, what you can learn, the credibility you earn, the fallback you have if anything goes wrong or astray etc...is that not worth it then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Credibility to whom? Your parents? Your future spouse's parents? [censored] that. 5 / 10 of the richest Americans are dropouts. Credibility with a name is not as important as credibility with taking ACTION.

And the fallback if things go astray. Things ALWAYS go astray for an entrepreneur. The only thing I have to say to that is when things go wrong, an entrepreneur picks himself back up and KEEPS GOING.

If you plan to quit being an entrepreneur when you face a bit of hard times, then don't plan on being one in the first place and don't call yourself one.

Yes law can benefit you. But the opportunity cost of losing your time getting a degree is not worth it if you aren't going to do anything with it.