View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Bankroll and Moving up

AJ, good post.

One thing I'll add, for those moving up : have confidence in your game and keep playing your game. Don't feel like you need to make more moves or that you're outclassed - you might just be having a bad run of cards or you might just be nervous from playing the higher stakes. Just play good poker like you always do. This really screwed me up the first few times I took shots at NL200, I felt like I had to play "more advanced" and started over-thinking and getting burned by FPS.

[ QUOTE ]

IMHO, when moving up, try and play the same amount of tables you are playing at the level you are comfortable with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm.. for me this wasn't a good idea. Also, I disagree with people who suggest playing a few tables at your regular level and one at the higher level. Mixing levels like that can be really confusing. For me, I now 4-table NL100 and am pretty lazy about taking notes because I have a really good read on how typical villains play. I don't have the same read for people at NL200 and it helps me a lot to play that level and take more notes, pay more attention, which I can't do with 4 tables, I usually just 2-table it right now.