View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: No Country For Old Men

A few things:

This was the best movie I have seen this year. I should say it is in top movies I have seen in the theater. There was a definite wow factor with it, at least for me there was.

In the end I thought it possible, not likely, that Anton was in the other motel room. After all, Moss was smart enough to use a different room the first time and it was not altogether clear if that was his room or the woman with the beer's room. Who knows because it did not look possible for Anton to hide anywhere in that room. I am going to rewatch this movie to see it was at all possible for him to be in another room.

Did anyone else catch the 10 spot when he was flipping through the bundles of cash? He flipped through the bundles and one had a 10 spot. Then he started flipping through the next that had all the singles. No big deal, just thought it funny.

The coin flip thing was weird. It I think gave Anton a little bit of conscience without wrecking his code. He is so nuts that he can not out right let people go. Especially in the end with the wife. He realizes that killing her has no point but he can not let her go............. flip a coin. I guess that is his way of showing mercy and not wrecking his code. For some odd reason that coin flip thing really fascinated me. It was a great study into human behavior.
I think I can watch the scene with the old guy in the gas station a 1000 times over and not get sick of it.