View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: What is your line here?

[ QUOTE ]
I think Sklansky was refering to short handed games as far as turning the K to an x if I understand what you are saying correctly.

How am I going to get it heads up by check-raising if the most likely bettor is the EP? MP is going to fold anyway unless he hit this flop.

Check-raising is bad here because it allows EP or MP to play perfectly depending on what they hold since they have position. If they are beat they can get away from the hand and if they are ahead they have choices as to how to proceed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I was confused since your post said you were first to act. I recall where Sklansky said change it to an x in the short handed play chapter. However, I use the same technique here. A check raise would not be bad if second to act, as long as you could be certain it would be bet behind you. Otherwise this is a simple problem, just bet if you are in second to act and it is checked to you on the flop. I wouldn't let the flop go through for free holding pocket tens. I wanna make somebody fold. Sounds like you gave out the dreaded free card.