View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Brandi: Why does she bother?

[ QUOTE ]
katy, do you feel the same way about Vanessa Rouso ?

What about the other women that frequent 2+2, or only post infrequently but in threads about them?

Do you think these threads are just about being in the public eye, kinda like celebrity gossip stories?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't followed the whole story, but from what I have seen, the Vanessa Rousso business is a far better example of twoplustwo jumping down a woman's throat because she is a woman. All I know from Vanessa Rousso is that I saw her on a CNBC program, and from her quick description of game theory I got the sense that she has it down better than 99% of twoplustwo posters. But people jump down her throat because she uses the words "aggressive call". Rather than giving benefit of the doubt and trying to understand her meaning, everyone assumes she is an idiot. (Not to say she is not one, I just see twoplustwo jumping to bold conclusions based on little evidence).

Brandi uses twoplustwo as a megaphone. Back before she was infamous she mentioned she was getting an agent. She parlayed her reputation in her attempt to bring down Captain Tom. After that, she has only posted for (1) Vengence, to portray someone she dislikes in a negative light. She can still achieve that, even with her current rep (2) When a particular inflammatory post gets to her, and she wants to refute facts. I don't think she hopes to persuade anyone in her posts anymore, or maybe only people she knows IRL. On Brandi, NVG has it a little bit wrong as well, in that on one hand she is portrayed as this criminal mastermind but on the other hand they believe she ain't too bright.