View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Post a picture of your swimming pool and backyard

[ QUOTE ]
Owning a pool sucks! I had a house with a pool for 17 years. The first 5 years were OK. The next 5 years it was a huge hassle. The last 7 years I HATED the damn pool so much, totally killed my desire to ever swim again. I hate pools, hot tubs, the ocean, my wife's big bathtub with whirlpool jets... you get the idea. It was one of the happiest days of my life when I sold that house and trained the new owner how to clean the pool - knowing I'd never have to deal with one ever again.

Good luck, don't say I didn't warn you..

BB

ps, if you're uber rich and can afford a pool service, it will still suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. I bought a hot tub for a house I was living in. It was awesome for the first few months, I'd have girls back to the house and sit in the tub. Then it became a pain to maintain, and the power to heat and pump was crazy expensive. Then there was a big storm and the crappy cover caved in and it got all full of tree leaves and junk that totally clogged the filters. Then it got completely disgusting, covered in algae and god knows what. I was left with an expensive hazard piece of waste that cost a fortune to get taken away.