View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 06:17 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: The Ultra-Fi thread

[ QUOTE ]
How do you get started on the path? Like let's say I just bought some 2K-5K nice home theatre type of setup. What would you have me listen to or whatever if you wanted to convince me that I should upgrade my setup in some way? Like is there a specific CD or something where you'll say "See, on my system I get these lows and on your system you don't?" Or you talk about listening fatigue - what should I do if I want to experience that on my own system? I'm looking for a way to experience the difference between 'hi-fi' and 'ultra-fi' I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

moment all is well:

when you put on led zeppelin-The Ocean and it is 100% clear what is being said at the beginning. I remember the first time I listened to nice headphones i was like "wait, someone says stuff at the beginning?".

edit: to better answer your question you would hear the difference in all frequencies imo, thats kind of the idea. Low, high, mid should all improve. Detail is the big thing for me. Hearing a note sound almost exactly as it did when it left the instrument is the main idea. There are records I listen to now where I can hear the trumpet players fingers moving along the valves, it is pretty sick imo.