View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Ron Zook >>>> Charlie Weis

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nothing delusional about ND's record improving from 5-7 and 6-6 (Willingham) to 9-3 and 10-3 (Weis).

[/ QUOTE ]

So Weiss gets a pass because his recruits are still young. Yet it's Willingham's fault they went 5-7 then 6-6 with the same aged recruits?

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is that Ty's recruiting classes were ranked low. See, if Ty would have had higher recruiting classes he could have started out 0-8 in his first three years too and the Domers would have been patient, because if there's one thing we know it is that race had (absolutely) nothing to do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to share any of the highly dubious arguments on Tyrone Willingham's firing being on account of race and I'll be happy to dismantle each one by one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget why he got fired. I'm curious if you think race had anything to do with him getting hired. I seem to remember Bob Davie complaining about admissions being a barrier to getting "the black athlete" at ND. Did Ty's race help him get hired?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, I think it did. Since ND was reeling PR wise from the George O'Leary padded resume scandal, I think the Administration folks saw hiring a minority coach as a partial antidote to the bad publicity (while failing to consider potential negative publicity of someday having to replace this guy).