View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Flat PokerEV Greenline and Raised Redline

I've started trying to examine portions of my Pt data where I have the dreaded flat or decreasing greenline with red/blue lines(ala what Roundtower showed a few days ago in the low content thread). For those who don't know PokerEV, the green line is basically just a average winrate line. And when the greenline runs below your redline (adjusted all-in winnings), then it basically means that you are losing money overall in hands that don't go to showdown.

What sort of leaks to check for during these periods?

My impression after these sessions was that I was playing a little "loose", i.e. I felt that I was pushing in marginal situations.

But I guess this data argues that I'm either calling too much on the flop (e.g.) and then releasing when I don't hit or getting bluffed out of pots. I don't think the latter is the case since, if anything, I call a little bit on the side of too much. If I have anysort of hand and someone bets 1/3 on the river and I can put them with correct frequency on a range I beat, I usually call.

I don't see any correlation to changes in VPIP/pfr. I am about 30-33/10-12 for both times when greenline increases or diverges/decreases from the redline.

If I look at the PokerEV tab with the histogram, at all streets my green(+)/red(-) ratio is positive.

Where to look next? Has anyone already investigated this sort of thing? It seems that some of the things I can think of for smaller hand sections will be limited by distribution. (passive play on different streets