View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: WPEX Regulars thread (lc)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

actually, about 90% of solid TAGs at high stakes even are not good. they may win a little bit though. i would venture to say that i only know of around 10-20 players who i consider "good" at shorthanded limit holdem

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this statement.

However, I also agree that there are varying definitions of good. And I also agree that poker players are almost always too quick to dismiss somebody after they see one or two things they don't agree with -- because poker players are, by definition, narrow-minded individualists.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would casually define "good" as someone who can beat the game pre-rakeback. It appears that Baronzeus's definition of good is what I, like the other poster, would define as "expert".

Question for Schneids or any other top limit pro: what percentage of your profit do you think comes from "solid TAGs" (good / competent players who are inferior to you but not "expert"), vs outright fish? I ask because I am interested in how this compares to a no limit expert's edge against solid but not expert players. My instinct is that a no limit expert has a greater edge against solid players than his limit counterpart will due to the nature of the respective games, but I could be totally off on this.