View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Should I CB? A Quiz.

[ QUOTE ]

A definite no: H8. OOP 3-way on a draw heavy flop. Draw heavy is when there are both flush and straights possible. You just have to check and fold this to a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such a different mindset from tournament poker. I don’t know if I (gulp) believe this for some reason. This seems hard to swallow that it’s a definite “no.” We’re actually way ahead of KQ here.

(H7) By the way, I check 3 way monotone boards almost 100% (without the suited card in hole). I look to dump or pressure on the turn.

(H2) With hands like this, I tend to cbet, but I bet a smaller amount, maybe just $2. It seems to work, and it’s also how I’d play it with Qx.

(H4) I think the decision to c-bet here can go both ways, and likely should be decided by your current table image. The more laggy you are (or if you’re trying to create a laggy image) then I would c-bet. Most armchair poker players don’t really know that our card equity is stronger than 99 atm.

(H5) I think this is a laggy decision yet again. C-betting here isn’t that poor given that it’s so easy to get away from this hand when called/raised. (of course, the alternative problem is that we probably don’t want to get to a showdown w/o improving, so a check/fold also has benefits). I find this quite a bit different than the AK hand on the TJx board.