Thread: Investment Plan
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 02:45 AM

Default Investment Plan

Ok. Up until now I've been wasting money. I've had a large amount sitting in neteller and using only a checking account + debit card. This is what I'm doing now. Please offer suggestions.

- For health insurance, I am getting catastrophic insurance and opening a HSA. About 2k goes here.

- I am going to use firstrade and open a ROTH IRA and max that out. I can open one of these with poker winnings, right? 4k here.

- I'm going to open an ING Direct savings account and put about 4k in there for short-term expenses.

- I am also going to use firsttrade and invest in the vanguard index 500. The rest of what I have goes in there.

- I'm going to apply for the dividends credit card from citibank. I don't know if I need to open a bank account with them or anything of that sort.

As I said, I've been pretty clueless about finances up until a few days ago when I started researching it. It seems like a lot of trouble to have all these accounts and money spread in different places. What is the easiest way to pay off the credit card? I don't want to have to write a check at the end of every month.