View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: 1/2: 2 hands vs. a donkey

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not worried about a bluff c/r I just think we can get more value.

As for betting the turn.. we have a draw but it's not to the nuts. I'd rather bet now and find out if I'm against 22/33 than hit the Qs on the river and have him go crazy. This, along with the fact that he's calling with random spades and a bunch of pocket pairs because we can't have trips ever makes me wanna bet the turn and make a decision on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I follow that. What I don't like is that I have decent equity vs. a naked king, but that's the most likely hand for him to check/raise an amount that I can't profitably call on the turn.

As in, if I improve on the river and he has trips I'll be able to raise and expect a call. If I don't improve on the river and he has trips I'll lose the same amount as if I checked the turn. Same thing with a boat, except I'm liable to lose more on the river if my hand improves.

Versus a flush draw betting the turn is better. Versus a smaller pair I think it's pretty evenly split, since I don't know if I get three streets out of them.

I'm not really a pot control nit or anything with my hand -- if it had been any other card that paired I'd be firing again here. I just felt like I'd be betting into trips too often and that I'd get paid sufficiently on the river.

I'm still sort of torn about this -- anything more you could add would be appreciated.