View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Jim Cramer\'s nephew gives awful advice too

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
kramer has done very well, and from what ive heard, is a really nice guy in person. i dont understand the hate for him

[/ QUOTE ]

He's alleged to have done very well partially through market manipulation (alledgedly he'd pump positions on TV, then sell them). But he doesn't seem to be a bad guy. Many people hate him because

1) They are traders who think his trading ideas are simplistic and wrong headed.

or

2) They are investors who think his investment advice is too short term trading focused, i.e. he encourages the bad habit of "trading" positions instead of being a long term buy and holder.

or he just grates on them.

My opinion is he's just an entertaining guy who has an entertaining show that is pretty much worthless from an investing perspective. If someone were to create a truly useful investing show that I wanted to watch would have a total audience of less than 100 people and be canceled mid way through first commercial break.

Cramer is just doing the schtick most people want to see. It's like sports talk radio for investors and traders. Professional baseball GMs don't watch Mike and the Mad Dog to get trade ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, ever heard of Mike Piazza?