View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: hey hey software gurus....

[ QUOTE ]
- That is great that you are an experienced poster HalvSame, but are you experienced programming software for poker? Nothing about you personally, I just want to see some credentials before even discussing the details. All you would have to say is that you might be interested and would be able to help, I can search for other posts about software you have written or whatever. I would have an NDA signed before saying my idea.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, you didn't say anything about that in the OP. For the record I do have a little bit of experience with poker software, I've written maybe 5-6 scripts that are opensourced on the overcards.wiki, and I've got a degree in computer science. I'm not interested in working for/with you on this though. I read the thread as something like "I want someone with a little experience to chime in on whether this is feasible/legal", sorry if you got your hopes up. Btw I think there's something in the FAQ that says that using the forum for hiring programmers for private projects is not allowed.

[ QUOTE ]
- I still need to do some research on how poker sites define what is legal and what isn't. Just from occasionally scanning this forum, my impression is that bots and anything that tells you what decision to make is illegal. Anything that simply tracks player data for the user to interpret is legal. Yet, I remember having to send $.02 to opt into one site (pokerDB? I forget)... based on new rules for stars. That isn't required for OPR, then there is SS... which is basically the same thing but was banned for use. (Or you can use it just not say that you are). What is the difference between these? Probably a few simple emails to support will give me a better idea if it is legal.

[/ QUOTE ]In addition to the bot type programs, shared databases are generally not allowed. This is what got the first version of sixth sense banned IIRC. Also some sites (ie stars) ban datamining programs.

And a word of advice - don't announce business ideas while drunk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Feel free to pm me if you want to discuss your ideas, I won't out them (unless they are totally donkalicious and should be made public for others to laugh at [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ).