View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: ***yankees official offseason thread*****

I also think that rivera posada and arod will be back. The arod thing could go either way of course, but this year was totally different than his first 3, and if arod is smart and wants to win a ring new york is definitely his best chance with the direction the team is going right now. NY of course has all the money in the world, and I'd be suprised to see him switch teams again. If he is smart he will realize that he will get the same unrealistic and absurd expectations everywhere (his clubhouse cancer rep was around WAY before he came to new york, the only thing that will change that is winning). I think the whole business with the FO saying they would resign him if he opted out was just a bluff, they at least had to try to get a deal where texas would pay a lot of the money. Obviously Boras would never, ever fall for that and just said LOL.

They will definitely end up overpaying for posada, but I am not even that bothered about it. Of course he going to decline, possibly by a huge amount, but given how long he has played for the yankees, how much everyone loves him, is it really worth taking the risk and having to find another catcher to replace him to save a couple mil a year? I just love jorge too much to be annoyed about this I guess.