View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: More game return policy talk! (sorta)

[ QUOTE ]
did you buy the game insurance or whatever? if so, you definitely can. if not, you probably can, as long as you return it quickly.

edit: gamestop/eb games' game insurance is the only "coverage" worth buying on anything whatsoever, imo. covers unlimited replacements for disc damage for any reason for a year, for like $2-3 i think. definitely worth it.

edit number 2: try to haggle with the guys, bring your original receipt, and ask to purchase the insurance on all 3 games if they'll let you exchange this one, etc. it's worth it anyway, the $2 or whatever. it's sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't buy insurance or anything, forgot that it existed. I'll definitely do it from now on.

I just looked at my reciept and it says that for up to 7 days new games can be exchanged for the same game, but doesn't state what can or can't be returned. When I go up to try and return it, what should I tell them? I'm thinking that if tell them the truth and say I was moving my 360 while it was operating with a disc inside and that caused the scratch they'll claim negligence on my end and won't give a refund. Should I just say something like "this game is giving me errors and has a scratch on it, give me a refund please"?

I try to be honest about these types of things, I don't like taking advantage of store policies and effectively screwing the store on a somewhat stupid mistake of my own, but I also remember moving my 360 while it was operating before and not having any problems, so I don't think I'm entirely to blame either. I know 360's have been known to scratch discs without moving them at all, and I believe that has happened to me before. A lot of the blame has to be on Microsoft for making a really buggy game system that has all sorts of problems, but that's a discussion for another time.