View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: uNL 1 year report card

Unfortunately not as much time to post these days, but still try to lurk, so take answers with a grain of salt.

a. Traffic- Do you feel as if you hand gets lost too fast, or does it receive appropiate responses.
Traffic is higher than ideal, but much better than having no traffic at all. I've noticed that often good responses in threads get ignored, even if there are a lot of responses to an OP.

b. Quality of the advice
The signal to noise ratio is pretty low (a lot of non-helpful content to good stuff), but I think that the really bad advice does get called out. It's a forum where you wouldn't expect the posters to have all the answers, so I think that in the end there is some super quality advice compared to the stakes the forum serves.

c. Quality of the moderation- What policies would you like to see changed or implemented?
I think the mods do a great job. Not only is this a high traffic forum, but being at the bottom of the stakes, it's where noobs are going to find their way....poker as well as forum noobs. It's generally thankless, and they're also doing this voluntarily. Awesome.

If anything, I would like to see the prohibition of one-line responses more firmly enforced, especially for posters who don't also give more thought-out responses elsewhere. Guys who generally explain their thought processes become pretty obvious, and if those guys also give some one-liners occasionally, that's cool.

Finally, this is a pretty respectful forum for the most part. I don't know how much of that is a direct result of the mods' work, but it has to be at least in some part due to that. Not saying there are no harsh/direct comments, but they don't seem to come out of left field or be really inflammatory and baseless. And for the most part, where there could be some harsh comments, usually people hold off on them.