View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 12:24 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: I am seriously reconsidering my recent D& B book preorder.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Boat:

I'm not a big fan of D&B either, but I do have a lot of experience with printing and what you are saying just isn't accurate. In this field, if a book is successful, the profit margin can be such that delaying a relese date to save a little money on printing doesn't make any sense.

This is especially true given that poker is the sort of thing where people drop out and new players enter all the time. That means lost translates to some sales which you do not recover.

I'm sure that D&B understands all of this and are just as unhappy about the delays as you are.

By the way, another publisher that we compete with is constantly late on their books, but in their case it makes sense if this reduces their printing costs since most of what they put out doesn't sell much anyway. (Their situation is actually more complex than this but time stops me from a further explanation.)

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

The quote in my OP is their own words from the thread regarding their short handed book. I didn't edit it in any manner. I merely translated it to reflect my perception and how I feel at the moment.

PS. Thanks for all the love from other posters but I haven't eaten a cheeseburger in eight weeks.