View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:07 AM

Default Home game disagreement 4th grade mathematician needed

I was playing a $100 sit n' go series with 3 buddies. $100 buyin 3 games with a point system by place 4,3,2,1. Winner of each game recives $10 from each player from their $100 buyin. Winner at end gets whatever hasn't been put up for bounty.

Player 1 wins game 1
Player 2 wins game 2
Player 3 wins game 3
Player 4 wins the series in a tiebreaker game with players 2 and 3. How much should player 4 recieve?

a. $270 or b. $210 ?

Got into a bit of an argument over this can someone please quickly solve this. It looks as though it could've gone either way and it should have just been a $100+30 game to simplify it. Player 4 lost all 3 $10 bounties but won the $100 game so shouldn't he be winning $90 from each player since he paid $10 in bounties to each? But on the other hand the other 3 players broke even from the bounties with each other, so they should only pay $70 each since $30 seems to be put aside for bounties? Or are we all just retarded and it's not either of those payouts? Theres a couple bets riding on this to save face I won't say which one i'm on [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

*Not really bounties but that's what they were called all night.