View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: PETA documentary last night

[ QUOTE ]
and i just had to say to Matt: I've done the same thing - rescuing my dog at great risk to myself. And I didn't even think about it, either.

About twenty years ago my dog and I were walking along a marsh lake in Florida - he saw a gator swimming along about ten yards away and he JUMPED in after the gator!

I jumped in after him and punched the very curious gator on the snout, pulling my dog back to shore. It all happened in a few seconds.

I figured the only reason wasn't gator bait was that we startled the guy so much he just swam away.

I'd do pretty much anything for my dogs...except sacrifice a human life for them (Except my own apparantly!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Dom, You are a hero!
Too bad it wasn't a Tuna in the pond. It would have been lunch time! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously though, I am glad I have never had to do something like this. Closest I have ever come was trying to get my dogs away from a skunk. I wasn't going to charge the skunk but I was sure trying to figure out a way to shoot it without hitting one of the dogs, or the house.

I suppose PETA would be unhappy that I shoot skunks too. I don't care. I'm killing every one of them I can!