Thread: UFC 63 9/23/06
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 01:49 AM

Default Re: UFC 63 9/23/06

ive watched every minute of every one of penn's fights that are available. in 2001-2004 he was top talent, but as the field matured, he simply hasnt grown as fast as it has.

[ QUOTE ]
Penn is definately flakey, but he's not just smoke and mirrors. I bet you couldn't even get Hughes to say something like that...or Pulver, or Uno, or Din Thomas, or...

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt say he was just smoke and mirrors. I said that just like Horn, hes one of those fighters who didnt do much real fighting in recent years but has this huge bandwagon that flips out and clutches the pearls when one implies that the fighter in question is hardly prepared to contend for the friggin belt.

i mean come on, penn's entire presense in the ufc right now is a basically a gimmick, just like horns is. what has penn done exactly in the last 2 years to warrant a title shot at hughes, other than sign a 3 fight contract?

i will have absolutely no qualms with admitting im wrong if penn takes out hughes, and im sure we will have seen a legendary fight if it happens, probably worth every cent i lost, but acting like i have to be a hughes nuthugger to imply that penn's reputation is insanely inflated is just a bit silly, considering how little hes done in the last 2 years to earn it.