View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Re: November [censored] thread

Hey guys those of you that do CrossFit and lift weights..how regimented are you?

How easy is it to stay up on the WOD's(5x weekly) and lift 3-5 times a week?

I want to start to do the WOD regularly which means 5x weekly but I havent really lifted other than bodyweight exercises in a long time.

I lifted regularly from 17-30 years of age..I'm 45 now.

I'm thinking about reindoctrinating myself by doing Rippetoe's SS and maintaining my 3x weekly PT(bodyweight stuffullups, situps,pushups< dips) supersets for at least a month or 2 before I do the WOD regularly just to build my strenght base back up.

There is a crossfit about 40 miles north..which I could easily hit up just 3 times a week...if I dont do the exerices myself.. I 'd rather go up there thu since he is a good CrossFit affiliate: http://harborcitycrossfit.typepad.com/ and offers a week free with an introductory evaluation and only $70 a month after that. I also want some assistance with form and possible exercise subsitutes and many of his clients-cops, military are older guys like me.

How do you guys mix in CrossFit with lifting or vice versa..do you prefer one over the other as your main gig.
Is it difficult to combine ..if so how do you adapt your workout schedule?

..I want to get to the point where I'm doing a regular routine of strenght training, CrossFit, stretching/core work and swimming. Right now I do an occasional WOD mixed into my regular PT and swimming workouts. I dont want to go overboard too fast thu.