View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Serious Question for Christians and others

1. If God is Omnipotent- and all knowing of the past, present, and future.... Then how do have any control of our lives at all if God knows whats going to happen.... Are our choices an illusion because God knows whats going to happen, and thus will happen.... Or is God outside of time, and we indeed have choices over our lives......

2. The Human Race- According to the bible, when was the human race created, alternatively according to scientists when did the "beginning" of the human race start.....

3. The Rapture------ The saved will just disappear from earth and be directed straight to heaven???? What if a father who is saved, is driving a minivan on the highway full of 8 children that aren't, does the minivan crash and the children die, or does God intervene..... Or will certain people disappear at certain times, convienient times, where no one will get hurt...... I am just trying to learn as much as possible about faith because I am seeking it....

4. Good Works- that good works mean nothing for you to go to heaven..... You have to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior to get into heaven, otherwise your hell bound.....

5. According to historians and archaeologists- Did Jesus the man, ever exist, is he confirmed to have lived on earth????

6. Are Dinosaursever mentioned in the old or new testament???

7. I want to- believe.... There is no doubt that I am a theist and I believe in a supreme being.... But the whole Jesus idea is giving me trouble.... Is there somewhere I can start to learn more about him????? Or should I just read the bible cover to cover.....

Hope this is better, thanks a lot......