View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Need help with 3bet pots

I am primarily a live cash game player and have been making the transition to online. The biggest area of difference besides overall aggression is 3bet pots. I think this is an area that I need to improve. In live games 3bets are ussually done with very narrow ranges no matter what position. This is such a broad area so I will start with one hand that I wasnt sure about and ask for help.

NO current history, just sat at table, but I do have 300 hands on villain and he runs at 24/21/9. I remember him being very aggressive but dont know much about his ranges.
2/4 NL Fulll Tilt--No HH

Folded around to Hero on BTN with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
opens to $14.
Villain raises from SB to $44.
------- With no history is this a standard fold? I felt like based on his stats ATs was marginal against his 3betting range of a BTN raiser and opted to call since ATs plays decently after the flop in position.
Hero calls.
Pot $92, Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain bets $61, Hero calls.
Pot $214, Turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain bets $170. Hero folds.

Is this a viable line? What would be better?