View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: 3:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unless you are willing to call a check-raise, I'd check behind and be happy about it. If he'll let you see it for cheap, fine with me.

I just realized you bet, sorry. What did villain do?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I would bet that he got c/r'd since playalongs are way better when the hero makes a mistake! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would guess the our Hero bet 30(60) behind and he was c/r'd AI. So, now he is getting almost 3:1 on a call but it is hard to imagine that he is ahead as much as 10% of the time.

How close am I? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]I did even worse than that. i bet 20 and he minraised to 40. Then I thought "ZOMG- OESD!" and called, even though I wasn't getting odds. Then I was getting something like 7:1 on the river so I just called off the rest in frustration.

Villain had KT and MHIG. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Final analysis- I played the hand like a monkey. I was completely lost the whole way, put money in when I was confused, called without odds, and generally screwed this up every way I could.

Threads, your plan for the hand was perfect, and if I'd gone in with that thought in mind I would have played this much better. Even though the ace came on the flop, after he checked it twice I know I could have called a small river bet from him profitably against his range.

Anyway, lessons learned

1) l/r from bad LAGs does not necessarily mean AA/KK
2) have a plan for your hand than includes exploiting lesson #1.
3) when you are confused about where you are in the hand, don't voluntarily put more money in the pot
4) some people play so bad that you can play like a monkey and still profit

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, close! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

However you were getting 5:1 odds, so I don't think your turn call was bad. You have about 8 outs on a good day. Give him a FD part of the time and a split pot part of the time and I would give your hands about 5-6 outs IF you are behind. If you have 5 out need to make up 60 bucks on the river when you are behind. That is about all you have left but I still think you are ahead here. So, I think the turn is a call and then the river is a call as well.

I think you played it fine after you bet the turn and I think betting the turn is even +EV(if only slightly).

Sometimes I lose my focus and bet that turn too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]