View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 09:05 AM

Default Re: free will and god poll

[ QUOTE ]
you cannot choose the one God didn't know you were going to pick.

I disagree.

Firstly, I don't see how this takes away my choice. I am never made aware that God knows what I am going to do. No one ever is in reality, so that point is moot to me, since that is actually how people argue that free will does not exist. With a scenario in fantasy that somehow proves reality.

But let's assume that it did (which it never has). I know that God knows what I'm going to pick.

First consider I pick blue, God tells me he knew I would pick blue. I do it again and pick red, God tells me He knew I would pick red. Anyone could do this if they wait to reveal the information until after. But you assume since it is God He did actually know and therefore you never had a choice. But how do you know He actually knew? Cause he told you? You don't.

Now, consider he infact tells me I will pick blue. I pick red. Then He tells me He actually knew I would pick red. So did He know or not? Does it matter? Did I choose or didn't I? I did. Whether He knew or not, which I will never know if He actually did, didn't affect my ability to choose.

The only situation which would disprove freewill would be He tells me I'm going to pick the red card, and every time He tells me I still pick the red card. So once this happens, I will believe. But I'm not too worried about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with your logic. whether or not god is all-knowing is uninteresting to me