View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]

Now, here is the funny (not to me but nevertheless funny) part. Surf is a live noobie. I have been leaning on him pretty hard after each session to close up his tellbox and avoid some mistakes. It turns out that he was eating when the initial raise came in and didn't see it. When he put out 2 bets he thought he was open raising from the CO which explains why he can have JT here. He says he would never have played it suited or not against this guys raise and I agree. Anyway, earlier in the week he had done stuff like this and been all embarassed and made a big scene at the table but I explained to him how important it is to avoid stuff like that and not to talk so much at the table. So, basically I got bad beat by my own instruction. The whole hand turns into a beat that was never supposed to happen when I flop a set of 9s against A9 and win a huge pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was pretty funny, especially because i might not even raise JTo from the CO in this game (it was that crazy) but i picked up on a folding tell from the button. Also i slid the 8 chips out there like it was exactly what I meant to do (thanks surfdoc for the instruction, haha) and even after i noticed the UTG raise I was pretty proud that i didn't act startled or anything.

Surf