View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: (razz) bet/fold river?

The thing about the raise that bothered me was... lots of people are capable of bluffing on 7th, but a bluff raise is rare, and the reason is, people who bluff, when they are raised *often call*. It's alarming. Several times I have been nearly sure someone is bluffing, but I myself have a hand that won't beat all bluffs, so I raise, thinking he'll fold his bluff. Nope, he calls with J high. And wins because my crap is worse.

villain's play here isn't LAGgy... it's extremely loose passive. It's unlikely to get my attention unless he wins the hand, which he did. For advertising purposes he'd have been better off raising 3rd or 4th and then folding early (or calling and winning if he developed a good hand). Besides this kind of advertising (LAG) is designed in general to get calls in the future. If he was advertising here, I would imagine it was the don't-bluff-me kind of advertising, which I do from time to time, if I think there is a good chance that villain is taking a shot at me with less than a good hand.