View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: WA/WB calldown in limit. Fold in NL?

[ QUOTE ]
grunch

i don't see why this has to be a better hand. it could be a semibluff with a gutshot, a flush draw, or a combo like A4 or A5. we're getting 2.66:1 immediate with slightly more than a psb remaining and position. i call and re-evaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]
No point doing that. If we call here, the pot will be $22 and Villain will have $11. The turn will be an insta-shove with whatever he has; if we have no intention of calling that then we have no business calling the flop c/r, and if we have every intention to call that then we might as well shove now.

Hero should have never made the flop bet. If Villain(s) had anything worth calling $3 there, then they will have put in a significant portion of their stacks (almost 1/6 for BB, just over 1/5 for UTG) and are thus committed to showdown regardless of whether they have Hero beat or just have a draw to beat him.

I don't like the idea of giving them free cards, either, but if they have a draw they're already in too deep. If you feel you must bet this flop, then $2 should work; if UTG triples it and you call you're then looking at a $16 turn pot with $14 and change left in his stack, so if he pushes there it's an easier fold.

Ideally, IM newbie O, Hero should have either overlimped or made a more uncallable raise preflop. As played, Hero's built a big pot without a big hand, and this is the price he pays.