View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: astroglide\'s home theater: what i own, what i would buy today

[ QUOTE ]
I will probably be going flat panel in the living room this year for the same reason. We have a regular TV in an entertainment armoir type thing, and it looms like a frigging refrigerator in my living room. It annoys me more and more every day. Just typing this has made me want to go TV shopping.

[/ QUOTE ]

i abhor built-ins, cabinets, etc. the more enclosed spaces, the more i hate them. i've run into that before. somebody's talking about hdtvs, they don't know their viewing distance, they have a lot of disposable income...but they can't exceed 37" because they have to maintain compatibility with their built-in. i would rip anything out of my house, wall, or whatever if it was preventing me from making complete decisions about what i buy. to me it's like somebody having a tiny garage and saying they want the best new car they can buy except it can't be any larger than a toyota yaris. i'd rather buy what i want and park it on the street.

you seem to be implying that you'll get rid of your setup, which is cool. i'm not at all directing this at you, it's just a rant. i've always been a flat desk, open shelving kind of guy.