View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Human Reproduction

[ QUOTE ]
Why do people worry about stupid people out reproducing intelligent people? Are we genetically savvy enough to even think about something like this? I was reading on the Amish a little bit lately and they are a very close knit community with little interaction with the outside world. The article mentioned that there are hardly any family names. There are approximately 5 or 6 family names you hear all the time and that as a population they have a higher incidence of dwarfism, but at the same time they seem to be a very dignified, peaceful people.

What if stupid people's reproduction were to be regulated? What is the chance that we could affect something in the gene pool that we know nothing about. What if it turns out after we isolate the purpose of genes that certain genes have symbiotic purposes and we disrupt those purposes tinkering around with what we think we understand. Didn't we just upset natural selection? What if we are able to isolate the "stupid" gene and it turns out its related to another gene that regulates body temperature?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just heard a whimpering noise, and smoke started coming out of my ears.