Thread: better line?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 05:30 AM

Default Re: better line?

[ QUOTE ]
I've been trying to find a good way to yell at you about the little flop bet. But, actually, I don't really like checking or betting large either. Its not like people are stacking off much worse if you bet large in this spot, and checking seems like a bad mistake when the pot is this big already. And I don't think you buy yourself much more action by checking, either, unless they catch up with a 2-outer or something. There are 3 villains out there, after all. So, I guess weak-leading is fine, but I wouldn't generally do it with the intention of ever folding. I'd do it because thats your best chance to get value from a fool with a weaker ace or some stubborn KK/QQ.

You know what, I like it as played. yup. he's never bluffing river with the worse hand that get there, but the real thing is that there really arent too many worse hands that got there anyhow, especially now that the Qball showed up. Only thing to worry about is him bluffing us off a chop (whether he realizes it or not). I think that is a likely outcome here, though it doesn't matter much. We've only got about 15% equity here against a range of AA, AK, AQ, 88, 22. Tight, yes, but what else does he show up with? Its not like he floated a mid pair and turned a combo draw or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. good post.