View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Review: Read \'Em and Reap

I'm one of those internet players (not very good but a small winner) who isn't very good at reading players when playing B&M. Like most things I have improved with time but I'm not a natural. Of all the things mentioned in Navarro's book, it is the leg shaking Tell that I have been able to use most during play. I'm not saying the others don't exist but it's the leg shaking/bouncing that I have been able to pick up on more than one occassion.

One regular player who can be very aggressive and incorporates large River bet/bluffs in his game exhibits this Tell. I am quite sure I can now pick between his large bet strong hands and bluffs because he bounces his feet under the table when he's strong.

Also, on one occassion playing a Sat morning tourny I made a big laydown from the BB (excuse my inner Phil). It was late in the tournament, there were less than 20 players remaining (originally 100 or so) and the blinds were hurting. The Button player made a large raise (he was first in), the SB folded and I had AJo in the BB. Yes he was a Tight player, but it was his bouncing leg that clinched the fold.

I'm sure that better players than me will get more out of this book than I have to date, but even a slightly above average player like me has got something tangible from it.

Look out for happy feet!

Oh yes, I forgot to mention. The Button player had AA. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]