View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Will Neteller Pay?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Screwing Americans out of their money would kill their reputation and their business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I don't think Neteller has ANY intention of screwing its American customers and I fully agree that this would be terrible for their viability in the rest of the world. What I am positing is that Neteller's decision is probably in the hands of their attorneys, and I expect they will give LEGAL (as opposed to business) advice after consulting/negotiating with the DOJ.

What the DOJ says is anyone's guess.
But based on what Neteller has done thus far, I do not think they will willfully go against the DOJ's position on this. So while I agree that the initial 2 week delay was caused by ACH processing, I think the new 6-8 week delay referenced in another post is another matter entirely, and not unexpected.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were an attorney and advising neteller, I don't think I would advise them to steal millions of dollars. They're in the freaking UK, this isn't Riyadh. They can get away with facilitating gambling, but if the expropriate millions of dollars from their clients, do you really think any reputable government would do anything but arrest them and freeze their accounts?