View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: WOW WOW OMG WTF BBQ new Coen brothers movie trailer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I tried to see this goddam movie twice this weekend; sold out both times. HYACHAHCHACHAHCA now I have to find time after work this week to check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

god is not letting you see it until you admit that the ladykillers sucked balls and tom hanks is a hack.

seriously i just read your review of intolerable cruelty, and all those things that you are ballwashing the movie for are things that they do in every. single. movie. they. make. great timing, attention to detail, repeating tropes and snippets of dialogue... they do all those things in TBL and in RA, and neither of those movies are smarmy romantic comedies.

NCFOM is my favorite of their dramas, I think, right ahead of Blood Simple. I would put NCFOM, RA, and TBL all in a top three that would be 'too close to call.'

[/ QUOTE ]

Fargo's not in the top tier for you? Obviously, that's up to you, but while Blood Simple, The Big Lebowski, The Hudsucker Proxy, etc., are all great- I don't find many people rating them above Fargo, which is an amazing film.