View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Another 4XX hands, another -102BB. Once again I seek help.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Good hand. You must call the river. It was a good card for you! Why would you ever think of folding 2-pair on a non flush/straight board HU in a blind stealing battle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because of the action. I don't know if I am just running gut-sickeningly bad or what, but I really can't remember the last time I got check-raised on the turn and won with a TPTK type hand. I was really hoping he had AQ or T9 or something, but I really expected to see AT or better.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: Not check/raising this turn is a very very large error.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played that hand in a very unusual manner for me. 99.9% of the time, more bets go in way before the river. I just had a little voice in my head telling me to do something different this time.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3: Quite honestly man, I think raising the river is better than folding but calling is optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't even imagine raising there. Other people might get value from it, but I am beat at least 100% of the time, if not more.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 4: Given that your up against two LAGs who probably have a very wide raise/3bet/cap range, I think check/calling down from the turn in this monster pot if I'm not calling two bets on any street is best. We're potentially getting 15:1 on the turn to call for a set! We're not closing the action but I wouldn't fear it getting raised too much. If it gets check/raised by CO, I fold the river UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is sort of what I told myself as I called down. Honestly, though, I think it's a fold. I thought it at the time, too, but I just didn't do it. I've got KK in a three-way capped pot and now there's both an Ace and a Queen on the board. I think I'm sunk very nearly always.

SpaceAce