View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: WOW WOW OMG WTF BBQ new Coen brothers movie trailer

Just saw this last night cause it finally opened in the crummy little city where I go to school, it was amazing, one of the best first viewing experiences I've ever had, so much of the movie is just perfect, and the parts that aren't are still amazing.

The *SPOILERS* New Yorker has a funny piece about people dealing with the questions that arise, the avg viewer's stupid need to analyze a movie before the credits even finish rolling to look smart for their friends and their inability to enjoy the experience.

My opinion for the record: *Spoilers*: <font color="white"> is that Shigaur (?sp) ends up with the money, as evidenced by his giving $100 to the kid at the end, he got it from inside the vent in Lewelyn's room. I think he was in the room when the Sheriff was outside, I think the window being closed was evidence that he couldn't have escaped; I think the Sheriff could have found him if he searched hard enough but didn't(was too scared?) and that's what leads him to realize there's nothing he can do when faced with the insurmountable evil in the world and finally retire. I think the coin that Shigaur used to open the grate being heads side up (the side that the gas station guy called and lived) was an indicator that he could have killed the Sheriff at the hotel but he didn't (though not the reason he didn't). I think it was very clear that the wife was killed and refused to call the coinflip. I think not showing the murder of Lewelyn worked very well, as it kind of fit into the theme of the absurdity of violence falling upon the characters in the movie (which comes to a head with the car crash).</font>

Of course those are just some impressions I got, I don't really care if they are right or wrong, I just loved the flick, and hope award screeners are leaked soon so I can watch it again.