View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Some top players dislike NLHTAP: Why?

[ QUOTE ]
Albert, once again you are taking what I am writing out of context.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I swear that I'm not doing it on purpose.

I just really like NLHETAP. I think the layout is nice because you can read and reread small sections that stand alone. I like the writing and the supporting examples. I like the number and type of basic EV calculations to prove out some of the concepts.

And virtually all of the tips and concepts apply in the 200bb effective stack live FR games that I play. I've learned more specific, useful lessons about deep stack NLHE from that book than any other single book on the same topic. HoH is probably the best for tournament play, but NLHETAP is my favorite for cash games. The new Professional No-Limit Hold 'em: Volume I is also excellent, but I wouldn't get as much out of that book if I hadn't read TOP and NLHETAP first.

I guess I just get worked up by all the poo-poo'ing of what I think is an excellent book that gives well-considered, well-articulated guidance for considering and applying various theories and tactics in NLHE.

I've read a number of poker books more than once, but NLHETAP is the first I've read more than twice and I still study it.