View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: David Wright got screwed

[ QUOTE ]
20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20 > Mets

as a diehard Mets fan, the only thing Wright deserves to get is not beaten to death, which most of the team DOES deserve

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a Mets fan too, and I am sickened by how their season ended, but I'm not so myopic as to be unable to recognize greatness among [censored]. Wright had a great all-around season and was nasty down the stretch, more so than any other player in the NL in my opinion, and therefore he should have won the award. His team's meltdown had absolutely nothing to do with him.

Assume you have two large companies, company A and company B, both if which are competitors in the same industry. If company A's stock price appreciates 5 percent in a given year, and company B's stock price appreciates 10 percent in a given year, does that necessarily mean that the most valuable employee out of the two companies works at company B?

The answer is no, as I hope anyone can obviously determine, and the logic here can be applied to the discussion about whether an MVP must play for a playoff team. It is completely flawed thinking.