Thread: Stud8 ruling
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Stud8 ruling

I take it that "Emily Latella" was actually the 2 seat (you wrote it with 2 people being in the 1 seat), but if I'm reading it as the way that I think you meant it, You're saying that the 3D thought that he was the bring in...seat 4 (who actually WAS the bring in with the 3C never acted), and then, out of turn, EL raised it to $100, correct?

The correct action (at least where I play, that is) would be as follows: because the chip rule is in effect, then the 100 chip that the bring in throws out there is just a 30 bring-in bet. It doesn't matter if EL wanted to raise it to 100 (and his raise is valid because he didn't just throw out an oversize chip, he threw out 4 quarters, so yes, his raise stands whether he acted out of turn or not.) And. it's not the fault of the bring-in that everyone acted out of turn, and, the bring-in in seat 4 is not entitled to call the 100 raise because all he did was throw the oversize chip out there, so yes, he is facing a raise, but he is definitely entitled to get his $70 change back if he choses to. Anything other than that ruling would not be honoring the oversize chip rule.

Good dealer you got there, btw, way to be on top of things.