View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 11:36 PM

Default Re: I Forgot To Address The Subject Of Tells On That Tran/Patrik/Threa

[ QUOTE ]
When I mentioned that the existence or non existence of an ante is a bigger factor than ultra large stacks or the ability to fold the second nuts I left out the subject of live tells. Many of you have speculated that tells would in fact be the factor that gives the live players the edge. But it is not. Online players are smart enough to quickly learn to pick up tells if they are truly there and to give off fake tells. If they have a disadvantage it is because of the ante. Like I said.

[/ QUOTE ]

David,

equivalent statement: for the top 20 online NLHE players, adjusting to an ante is more difficult than deciphering live tells and cloaking one's own.

please clarify: how big is the ante? assume stakes are $200-$400, 9-handed. is this ante $50 or $100? or do you believe the above is true for BOTH ante sizes?

suggested by your argument: if there were a 10-handed online nl game with an ante and any stacks 100bb or higher, the top live players would play the top 20 online players.

do you think those same top live players excluding Ivey and Antonius would agree with your statement on live tells vs. the ante? and would Antonius agree?