View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: The Official NBA Regular Season 07-08 Thread

tuq,

[ QUOTE ]
It's tough. It's also tough to imagine a Mavericks fan feeling an ounce of sympathy because their team has never won a title either, but they've largely sucked save for pockets of brilliance around 1987 and much of this decade. It's way less painful to pull for a sucky team since the letdown is negligible.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is tough for a Mav fan b/c of how good their teams have been compared to how God-awful they were. An NBA final appearance in which they were minutes away from putting the lockdown on a championship only 7 years removed from being the worst team in the NBA and 13 years from again being the worst team in the NBA--they went from possibly the worst organization in all of sports to everything class. Still nothing to show for it though so I understand but the difference is we experienced a great run w/ the Cowboys in the early-mid nineties as well as the Stars in the late 90's (title in 99--lost in the finals in 00).

When the Mavs blew it this last post season I was really bummed and it sucked but I was at least optimistic about the Cowboys in a few months.