View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Re: The Official NBA Regular Season 07-08 Thread

[ QUOTE ]
westoff,

That title teh gay and now he tears his ACL the first week b/c of it, good job; Artdoog, tuq all Pho fans, when your season goes down the tubes you know where to point the finger. Amirite??!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I gave him that title. I don't approve of his Loc: though. Anyway, you make a compelling argument, SI Jinx and all that.

The problem with being a Suns fan is how goddamned close they get. Oh I just realized this is a bit of a repeat from earlier this year, but man it's tough. Coyotes? Cardinals? There are a couple of crappy franchises that no Phoenician should emotionally invest themselves in. But the Suns...they have a really compelling argument that in 1990, 1993, 1994, 1995, 2005, and 2007 they had the talent to win it all but came up empty each year, sometimes in excruciating fashion.

(I barely and deliberately left 2006 off...I'm just torn about whether they could have beaten Dallas even with Raja Bell, I think they overacheived and luckboxed their way to the WCF that year, honestly.)

It's tough. It's also tough to imagine a Mavericks fan feeling an ounce of sympathy because their team has never won a title either, but they've largely sucked save for pockets of brilliance around 1987 and much of this decade. It's way less painful to pull for a sucky team since the letdown is negligible.