View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 11:59 PM

Default Re: My co workers are effin nosy

Most (95%?) government bureaucracy workers are like this, especially if you're younger than them. I worked as a contractor with federales in the DOI for almost three years, and they are all about making everyone ELSE follow the rules to the hilt. We were accused of taking too many napkins from the kitchen (?) so they made us bring in our own kitchen supplies. And of course we passed that cost on to the taxpayer. We moved into a new building that had a gym, and the head woman in that entire building wouldn't let contractors use the gym for six months.

Every week was something different. Hanging out in the kitchen too much. Talking on the phone too much. Putting fans up in our cubes even though the temperature was 80 in the afternoon. Never mind that all the federales did this tenfold. Welcome to the clan.

My friend sitting right here is a DOD contractor, and he agrees. One federale that he worked with pissed everyone off so much that his boss put him in a back office and delegated all his responsibility. So this guy set up a bar in his office. Nice.

ScottieK