Thread: Macau 15k Hand
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 02:20 AM

Default Macau 15k Hand

History:

The table is playing extremely loose passive. It was unreal, we were often getting 5/6 way limped pots, and at least 3 guys on the table were huge stations with no clue.

My image is TAG. I haven't opened a ton of pots, but when i do i always C bet and haven't had to show my cards yet. In the last half hour i raised pre, got called by Joe Hachem and bet on a 5A9J flop and turn then check folded a 2 river.

I also led into 3 players on a 239 flop got called and bet J turn and got a fold.

The villain in the hand is scott, a 30ish guy i've been talking to casually the whole tournament. He seems like a nice guy, and seems pretty recreational. He has been tight passive with raises pre flop, and has been limping behind limpers and calling raises some but not much. I haven't seen him get aggressive much post.

One hand i did see him play he raised KK pre, got called by station, flop Q84 rainbow, he check calls, turn Q he check calls, river blank check check. After the guy mucks Scott says something like "phew, that Q was no good, i gotta call you on the river though if you bet though."

The other players in the hand seem really spewy/stationy.

I hold 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the cut off. Table is 8 handed.

Blinds 50/100
Other players have ~15k ish.
Me: ~15.5k
Scott: ~16.5k

Preflop: UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, UTG+2 raises to 350, 1 fold, Scott calls, i call, button folds, blinds fold, both limpers call.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Pot 1900)
Checks to me, i bet 1600, folds to Scott. Scott thinks for a bit, counts out 1600, and throws it in.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot 5100)
Scott checks, i bet 3600. This time he tanks a bit longer, counts out the chips and calls.

River:J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Pot 12,300)
Scott checks, i think for about ~10 seconds, count my chips, and move in.