View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: list of funny stand up comedians

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dane Cook's comedy central special before he really got famous was hilarious, but I don't like most of his stuff anymore as he is just a giant hack now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only is he completely unfunny, he steals from people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it's pretty pathetic, and it's a problem with a lot of comedians (Mencia / Leary etc). I also hate when a comedian will constantly reuse their old material. I understand it's not easy to just make some funny material overnight but enough is enough already.

The little bit I've seen of Jimmy Carr has been good stuff. I love his material, it's like nonstop random witty jokes, sometimes it even goes over your ahead a little bit. I'm going to watch more of his stuff later today and see if he is always as funny as the material he did on a Conan rerun recently. Speaking of Conan has he ever done standup? I mean he obviously does his show with a 15 minute monologue if you count what he does at the desk (which I would), but it's not really stand up comedy.

I read this a few years ago, it's a class speech at Harvard from Conan, extremely hilarious stuff. Link.

Also, for the life of me I can't find Chris Titus funny. I liked his show a little bit when he had one on Fox, but his standup is bleh to me. I watched his HBO special and it felt like he was giving a lecture instead of trying to be funny.