View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Tough spot for AA & KK?

Thanks for all the posts. I think I whimped out in both cases because I folded both, but here was my thinking at the time. Comments on my thought process are appreciated.

<u>Hand 1</u> In both hands I start off in a strong aggressive stance hoping to take it down quickly. In the KK hand the BB watches me 3-bet and he smooth calls. Then he smooth calls my pot-sized c-bet. At this point I start to think about what hands show this kind of confidence against my aggression. He's got to at least think I might have QQ, KK, AA, or AK. Then he bets $14 on the turn with a very safe looking board against my range. I think this bet is tempting me to shove, or at least it's a call me bet because he's hoping to get more on the river. I felt really strongly that there was a high probability that he smooth called a raise and re-raise from the BB with AA. Then after the hand he typed:

Villain: JJ
Villain: what did you have
Villain: AQ?

I didn't answer. I figured he was trying to tilt me because if I'm right, he was pretty sure I had either QQ or KK.

<u>Hand 2</u> On this one, again I start out as the aggressor. I think you are right, I should have definitely pushed back hard on the turn. I think he had two pair because he was playing 74% and this was HU, so he had probably switched to 100%. Now that I look back, maybe he didn't like that 2nd 2 coming out. Now I have two pair, Aces and 2's. Maybe I should have called.

Anyway, comments on my thoughts are welcome. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]