View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: === OFFICIAL November -- December 2007 CHATTER THREAD ===

[ QUOTE ]
That makes some sense.

[ QUOTE ]
We both have GB open for this week's game. He does not have Indy available, I do. I'm leaning towards Packers (at home vs CAR) over Indy (at home vs KC) this week, then using Indy (on road against ATL) next week. Should I use Indy this week? Or another team altogether? I'm thinking he will also use Green Bay this weekend... thanks for any advice.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never played in a survivor pool before, but why not the Eagles this week? I'd save the Colts until Harrison returns and we know how good their defense is without Freeney. Then again, the Colts may be your best option next week. Either them or the Cardinals (especially if Dilfer is still starting for the 49ers).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for responding. Two fears about betting Philly this weekend, both of which I know are very irrational:

1. I don't like going against winless teams this late in a season. I feel like if they have a team close, the winless team is going to scratch and claw a lot more desperately for a win than the other team would. Plus I think Miami has kept it close in many of their losses this season.

2. New starting QB (John Beck) for the Dolphins, which is also the reason I'd like to avoid the Colts (going against Croyle instead of Huard) and take the Packers (going against one of either Testaverde or Carr). I feel like QB changes are kinda red flags, since one really doesn't know what to expect, especially from a guy with no experience like Beck.