View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Imus returns to Radio and TV - So overdue..

[ QUOTE ]
Kind of like the idea of "praying in the streets," to me. If the primary goal of doing charity work is to network socially or make a big show of how caring you are, I'm way less than impressed.

I don't know the extent of Imus's charity work, and having some kind of "ranch" for kids might mean he has more than the trivial, self-serving involvement with charity many stars and socialites do. Or not. But the mere mention of charity work by itself isn't generally enough to recommend someone to me unless I already know or want to know more about them anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Understand how one can think this on the surface, however, He is not an Angelina Jolie or Madonna, and he doesn't just collect / give $$ to charity, he actually runs a working cattle ranch and lives there with the children (cancer / siblings) who work on the ranch participate in rodeos, ride horses. Both he and his wife have pounded the Autism drums ad nauseum on his show despite the fact that they were criticized by his fans at times. Also, The power that he wields inside the beltway is massive. He pretty much singlehandedly carried the torch on the Walter Reed scandal and is one of primary donators to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes fun.

I know I am sounding like a fan boy. Imus is completly self centered in some respects, but this is not one of them.

btw, I thought the follwowing was a good article re: his return from a while back..enjoy FWIW

web page

ps Kinky on Imus web page